Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Game

For those of you who don't know about the book by Neil Strauss "The Game - Penetrating the secret society of pick up artists" I want to give you a brief idea of what it is about.

It is a true story, made out to be like a 'Man's Bible' or 'Survival Guide' of some sort to help men pick up women. In a sense it makes women look stupid, but it also says a lot about the psychology of women. I am currently reading it and although I've only read a few chapters, I can already see that I too have been played. Honestly, I didn't think I had been... not as much as I'm afraid I may discover I have.

As I read I plan to let you ladies know what I am reading, and give you examples of what these men do.. if for nothing else but to help you realize when you are being played. It is hard to admit, but it happens to all of us. Now I don't want you to think that all men are creeps or out only to get you in the sack. I do want you to be self aware though, and not allow men to make you feel like a fool.

Once I am more familiar with 'The Game' I hope to conduct a little experiment of my own. I want to see if I can become a player, as oppose to a playee.

I will try to write as often as possible... please please please feel free to comment, in fact I insist on it. I want to hear your stories, how you were played or how you dodged a player. I know that one might be embarrassed, but we have to stick together. Win the Game so to speak.

On that note I will now continue my read... and remember this:

'Don't hate the Player, hate the Game'

No comments: